Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

I'm not very good with birthdays. In fact, there have been a few times that I've forgotten that it was my own birthday. So imagine my surprise when I learned today was Dr. Suess' birthday! The only reason I know this is because 1) all the facebook posts about it, 2) Story time at the library was about it, and 3)I found this recipe on a website and it is genius! Check it out.

I personally think it was a stroke of genius to use kale for the green coloring. I have been trying to figure out ways to use more greens like that and swiss chard and now I know at least one way! I'm going to try this out this weekend with some swiss chard or spinach, since I don't have any kale.

How about you guys? Do any of you know how to cook kale and swiss chard to make it yummy? I'm not much of a green leafy vegetable kind of girl, so any help I can get would be great.

2 comments: