Friday, March 9, 2012

Delicious Glazed Salmon

Now that we've discussed how great salmon is, it's time to eat some! This is my favorite recipe for salmon and, in my opinion, it's better than what you can get at most restaurants. This comes from a Cooking Light cookbook. It calls for hot Chinese mustard, but I use regular Dijon mustard. Enjoy!

3 T dark brown sugar
1 T soy sauce
4 t Dijon mustard
1 t rice vinegar
4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425. Combine first four ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Then remove from heat.
Place fish on a foil-lined baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Brush sugar mixture over fish and broil 3 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

I usually make more than 4 fillets, just because we like it so much. I just make more glaze. I'm pretty sure you can't have too much of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment