Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stir Fry

The beauty of stir fry is that anything goes. When I was at the strawberry stand a few weeks ago, the guy manning the stand told me that their snap peas are so good with the onions that they grow and sell. He said it was the perfect combination, so of course, I tried them together. I put 1 chicken breast, 2 carrots, 1 red onion, 1 bag of snap peas, ends and strings removed, 4 cloves of minced garlic, and 1 bunch of coarsely chopped kale. I threw them all in my skillet and sauteed them in some olive oil. It was pretty delicious, especially when I added some sweet and sour sauce that someone gave us. I was actually happy to be eating this many veggies. (I'm kind of salad'd out) It did make me feel better about all the cookies and cake I've had this week! Yay for stir fry!

No comments:

Post a Comment