Friday, April 27, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce FAIL

I finally got around to using the crushed tomatoes I canned about a month ago. I used it to make some spaghetti sauce. It tasted really good, but it wasn't quite as saucy as I had hoped it would be. Does anyone know how to remedy this? I was thinking I could puree all the veggies to make it a smoother consistency. Or maybe I could add a can of tomato paste? It looked more like a stew than a sauce. Has anyone out there used their own canned tomatoes to make sauce? And how did it turn out?

1 comment:

  1. When I make my own sauce (from home canned or store canned tomatoes) I usually add some tomato paste or I let it cook longer so more of the water boils away. I personally would blend the sauce you made. The only chunks I like in spaghetti sauce are meatballs.

    ReplyDelete