Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter ties and bow ties

This Easter, I wanted to make some matching ties and bow ties for the men in my family. I came across this pink and brown striped fabric during Black Friday sales at Joanns and thought it would be perfect for Easter. But then I forgot about it until 2 days before Easter. I then frantically tried sewing them all together in time for church on Easter Sunday. Fortunately, they don't take a lot of time, just a lot of tedious hand-sewing.

Now don't think I'm this great seamstress making stuff up. I always need a pattern when I sew. I scored this awesome pattern from the 70s off Etsy. (I don't think there's anything you can't get off there and E-bay.)

How awesome is that hair?? I hope someday Craig can have hair like that.

I made this tie for Craig.

And this bow tie for my two boys.

I do not make bow ties with clasps. It seems like a lot more work to make, so I make them old-school style, where you have to tie them yourself. I like that Craig knows how to tie one. It just seems so much more sophisticated.

Plus, you can sport the after-party look...

What a little stud.

2 comments:

  1. That Jiffy Tie pattern was a real find! I read this just in time, tomorrow my boy turns 7, and I know he would love a bow tie (he keeps begging me for one). I was going to make a snappy one, but the real one looks much easier and classier. I know he could figure out how to tie it, he already learned how to tie a regular tie by watching youtube videos.

    ReplyDelete