Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Not quite a horse and carraige

How's this for being Amish? This is how I took my daughter to school today. Last week, our car's check engine light came on and it had a pretty rough idle. We couldn't get it in to get it fixed until Monday, so we just drove it like that. Monday comes and I take it in. At the end of the day I get a call telling me that there is rodent damage in the engine. Sick!! I'm thinking there were all kinds of animals crawling around in there. We had some chewed up wires that needed to be replaced and it wouldn't be done in time for me to take my daughter to school in the morning. I had Craig make sure my bike and our trailer was in working order. Now, it's about a 10-15 minute drive to her school, and I biked it pulling about 90 lbs of kids. Needless to say, I am quite proud of myself. If I did this every school day, I think I would lose a lot of weight. The kids enjoyed it, except on the way there; I think they were pretty squished. The way home was 40 lbs lighter, so that was nice. The two boys also fell asleep on the way back and that was nice too.  I almost had to do it again this afternoon to pick her up, but fortunately, the car was done and I was able to get it just in time to pick her up. I think I might do this again. I forgot how much I like bike riding.

1 comment: