Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pressure Cooking

Can I just say that I love pressure cooking? Craig bought us our first small pressure cooker about a year ago and I think I can safely say that I use it at least once a week, if not more. Last night I used it to cook a whole chicken and tonight I'm going to use it to make a big pot of beans to go with some enchiladas. It cuts the cooking time of anything in half, so if you forget to put something in the crock-pot in the morning - no worries - the pressure cooker has got you covered.

I was a little scared of the cooker at first, what with all that steam and the regulator moving around, but now that I know chances of it exploding are slim, I'm happy to use it. It's a great investment in cooking. I have this one. I think tomorrow I'll post how I pressure cook my whole chicken and why I love getting whole chickens as opposed the separate pieces. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment