Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Meat Packing

I bought these 2 packages of ground beef today. Normally, I wouldn't have, because they were 2.99/lb, but I'm out of ground beef and I haven't seen it below two dollars a pound for a while. Boo! But I digress.

I like to stock up if I can get a good price and then I freeze the meat until I need it. Since I bought these in two pound packages, I decided to divide them up into one pound portions. I like meat, but not enough to put two pounds in one meal. I learned this trick from my sister-in-law. It's a great way to freeze ground beef so it's ready when you need it and it defrosts quickly.

I put the meat in the quart size freezer bags and flatten it out. This way, it stacks nicely in your freezer (always good, if you're like me and don't have much freezer space). Because it's flat and thin, it doesn't take much time to defrost. I have found it a practical and easy way to store my ground beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment