Monday, June 25, 2012

My First Official Harvest

So today I went out and picked my first official harvest. I'm not counting the 3 apricots and 4 peaches we ate directly off the tree. Or the random jalapenos we've picked here and there. I'm talking about the first batch of tomatoes!  I was worried we weren't going to get many tomatoes because I saw blossom after blossom wither away with no tomato. Fortunately the bees have found our plants and are pollinating like crazy. These 2 tomatoes I picked off our celebrity tomato plant. My heirloom tomatoes are doing fantastic and are producing some good looking tomatoes, but none of them are ripe yet.

I do have to make a confession. One of these tomatoes has been pecked by the birds. I cleverly turned it over in the picture. It turned red a while ago, except for one little part that I was waiting to change color. I guess I waited too long. Oh well, now I know not to do that.

Doesn't this picture make you want some salsa?

1 comment:

  1. Those tomatoes look amazing! With or without pecks. I really enjoy super fresh tomatoes. Maybe I'll actually grow some next year. :)

    ReplyDelete