Friday, July 6, 2012

Mozzarella 2: The Runny Edition

Yesterday I made another attempt at mozzarella. As you may recall, I did not put enough salt in it, so it was a little bland. This time I followed the directions again, except added the correct amount of salt. When I tried to stretch it, it turned into a slimy glob of cheese. I'm not sure why this happened. I did not want to waste an entire gallon of milk so I stuck the slime in the fridge, where it hardened a bit. I tasted it later and was pleased with the flavor. It had the consistency of cottage cheese, with softer curds, but the flavor was sooooooo good. Now I know why fresh mozzarella is so much better! I'll probably end up eating by the spoonful until it's gone. The flavor is so rich, that it's hard to eat more than 1 spoonful at a time. Maybe I should turn it into a dip of some kind and add some fresh herbs. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment