Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Property


 Before I get to my turkey posts, I thought I'd share with you our new property. As you can see above, there are a lot of fruit trees. A LOT. The pictures above and below are of the orchard in the front of our yard. This orchard has orange, lemon, grapefruit, kumquat, loquat, tangelo, pomegranate, apricot, peach, cherry, and avocado trees. In this area alone, I would estimate that there are about 30 trees. We also have olive trees next to the house.


We have plans to add some apple, walnut, and almond trees, as well as a bunch of grapevines and blueberry bushes.

 This is the area I hope to plant a gigantic garden. What a surprise! It's covered in rocks! I seriously think these rockscapes will be the death of me. I want to punch them all in the face!


Right smack dab in the middle of our property is a super old guest house. It's probably about 600 square feet. From what we hear, it was the old caretaker's house for the groves. Our whole neighborhood used to be grapefruit groves.


This is the barn. If you cannot tell from the picture, it is bigger than the house we live in. This thing is gargantuan. Rumor has it that it was built sometime in the 1800s. I've been making some calls to local historians to see if I can find out it's story.


This is what we have been using for our chicken coop. It's a little structure built right onto the side of the barn.


 It even comes with a little covered run! Our chickens have been enjoying the property quite a bit, but that's a post for another time.


Here's a look at the inside of the barn. Really, pictures do not do it justice. It's like those huge cathedrals with the super-high ceilings. It's one of those things you have to see in person. This is only one section. It is divided into three. As you can see, it needs a little cleaning up and the roof needs some work.


This is the middle section. It is huge! Craig has decided to set up his gym in here, which is awesome because now I might be able to park the car in the garage!


The third section of the barn. Not too much here, except the little door on the side goes to the chicken coop.


And last, but not least, the orchard in the back. These are giant grapefruit trees that I'm guessing were part of the original orchard. My kids were excited to pose in several of the pictures, can you tell?

The whole lot is supposed to be .68 acres, but it sure feels like a lot more.

This concludes our tour of the Pulsipher property. Thank you for coming and donations for the barn roof repair are always welcome. :) Have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. This stuff looks really cool! I can't wait to go see it in December. I will gladly test any of your fruit, except maybe not the loquat (I don't know what that is).

    ReplyDelete